Covid-19 update

Dear bands, fans & media,

Things are getting complicated and on our nerves, but we just decided to wait until the 4th of December, before knowing if and how our festival can happen this year.

As you might have heard from the news, the Dutch government decided on a nationwide lockdown of 3 weeks.

Dramatic for us, as the preparations for EMM have already started 22 months ago. Many flights, luggage, ground transportations and hotel accommodations have been booked. Also local staff is hired, volunteers instructed, backline rented and even some of our festival’s merchandise has already been ordered. Many of you already booked their flights & hotel as well, so we’re more than just eager to continue here as planned.

The current pandemic measurements however make proper planning impossible and we now have to wait 3 more weeks until we know more. In case you can’t make it anymore, best to sell your ticket via

Moving the event again obviously became an option as well, but it’s not our first choice and if we do so, we strongly prefer to get this upcoming edition cancelled by the government first. As only then possible compensation payments might apply.

Making things happen THIS YEAR however, is our absolute priority.

We’ll up-date you as soon as there’s any news.

Thank you for your patience & support,
The EMM team